It’s Phoneception! Kipkay thought up of a great way to amplify your music player or phone by using another phone. This is a simple DIY project that will generally turn out looking (and sounding) quite appealing.
- Old school phone
- Music player
- Dremel (w/ cutting blade)
1. Unscrew both ends of the phone (voice piece and receiver)
- These will most likely be a bit dirty with breath and spit and other goodies so scrub them down; they don’t enhance sound
2. Remove everything inside (make sure you keep the voice piece and the receiver end)
- You may have to unscrew some wires to get everything out
3. Trace your music player edge around the old phone side.
4. Use a dremel to cut out the area you just traced.
5. The mouthpiece will have sufficient holes for noise enhancement, but you may want to cut out a larger hole on the receiver end.
6. Removing the phone jack from the old phone will leave a hole that you can enlarge for your music player charger.
7. Close up both ends.