Living in an apartment isn’t always as glamorous as Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn make it out to be. Here is a list of my favorite ways to conserve space in an apartment that I found browsing the internet.
1. Whiteboard Table: Your whiteboard can double as a table if you stack it on top of your table to save wall space. Just don’t mistake your markers for utensils.
2. TV Secret Compartment: Sorry for compromising all you CIA and MI6 agents out there, but if you’re looking for a good home project, with a few springs and hinges you can build a compartment behind a wall-mounted television in which you can store your DVD players, loose wires, or top secret manuals. *Wink*Wink.
3. Hang Up Your Bike: Bikes can be a hassle to store for easy access, try hanging it up on either hooks or cables you can install into your wall.
4. Under the Stairs: It may have seemed cruel to keep Harry under the staircase, but the Dursleys were just trying to save space. We know how much room cute little Dudley needed. If you live in a loft or two-floor apartment, try fitting a small work-space under the stairs.
5. Ironing Washing Machine: Cut a quilt and put some magnets on it to quickly slap it on your washing machine whenever you need to iron. It also serves as a place to sleep if your significant other kicks you out of the bed.
6. Bungee Cord: Hang lighter items like scarves or sunglasses on a bungee cord or a rope. Can double as a skydiving simulator for your small pets.
7. Toothbrush Storage: If you aren’t too sentimental with your toothbrush, cut indents in your medicine cabinets and hang them in the indents. Toothbrushes be warned!
8. Multipurpose Altoids: Use old Altoid cases to neatly sort and store small items like tacks or staples. Gives a nice fragrance to them also; rubber bands never smelled so good!
Look at all your new found space. Time to roll in that hot tub!